Monday, January 16, 2017

Francis Kurkdjian Absolue Pour Le Soir


I think this smells terrific and have worn it many times over the years, but I must say that whenever I do there follow a mysterious number of comments from those around me about unclean ambient odors. They never refer directly to my fragrance, so it could, I suppose, be paranoia. Still, it's unnerving. Once I slept on a friend's couch and the next day received weird texts (not mentioning me or my fragrance) about a bad smell in the living room. Another time my friend commented that "the girl next to him at the movie smelled really bad." I've gotten forthright compliments, like "you smell like ice cream" and "you smell like incense." To me, it smells like incense, wood, roses, and honey, with the suggestion of urine only at the beginning. 
Why do any of us even bother wearing fragrance? No one anymore gets the message you think you're sending; they just panic at any smell that is not recognizably Bath and Body Works or Iso E Super. You're drifting off in a sensory fantasy world with a piece of art you probably spent a lot of money on and some reptile-brained operative of the New World Order will soil it forever with a comment you'll never forget. My advice to budding perfumistas is to go into this hobby with the assumption that the entire world would prefer you wear nothing at all, and not to expect any sort of positive feedback from anyone. What a state of affairs.

1 comment:

  1. I read a review with Francis Kurkdjian and he said that he's barely sold any bottles of Absolue pour le Soir. I appreciate it but find it horrifying

    ReplyDelete